ApacheCon US 2008 Session
Administering Apache Geronimo 2.x
Apache Geronimo 2.x is certified Java Enterprise Edition 5.0 container suitable for everything from a development environment to enterprise-level deployments. Geronimo leverages many Apache projects, such as Tomcat, OpenEJB, ActiveMQ, Derby. This session will cover administering Geronimo from two points of view: configuring an existing Geronimo server directly through the powerful web based administration console or editing configuration files, and secondly through Geronimo plugins containing configuration information either used in a custom server assembly or installed into an existing server.
Some of the topics covered are:
- First steps in getting Geronimo ready for a production environment,
- Administering embedded Tomcat, ActiveMQ, Derby.
- Deploy/start/stop of applications & other server components.
- Creating Database pools, Security realms, etc.
- Installing plugins for Geronimo.
- Managing keys, digital certificates and configuring SSL.
- Running a cluster of multiple server instances from the same installation.