In charting tool, the rendering time grows as the amount of data grows. But if the web page needs to be interactive, the computation time has to be limited by an certain upper bound. The presentation introduce some optimization of Apache ECharts to render millions of data while user interaction still enabled, including:
- The background and requirements of this topic.
- Optimization of JS hot code.
- Consideration of memory and GC.
- The pros and cons of using multi-threading.
- Task scheduling and progressive rendering.
SU SHUANG: ECharts PPMC. Maintaining ECharts over 5 years.